Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I was wrong about Judd Gregg

I admit it. When President Obama first suggested Republican Senator Judd Gregg for Secretary of Commerce back in February, I was extremely skeptical. But I have to admit, since his confirmation, Secretary Gregg has proved to be a team player, an asset to the Obama Administration, and proof that bipartisanship isn't the exercise in futility I predicted it would be.

As Gregg himself stated the day his nomination was announced, "This is not a time for partisanship. This is not a time when we should stand in our ideological corners and shout at each other. This a time to govern, and govern well." Wise words, and since that day Secretary Gregg has proved that he meant them.

I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong. Sorry to have doubted you, Mr. President.

No comments: