Saturday, August 4, 2012

FAN #216: "My Home Town" by Johnny Pez

Up now at the Sobel Wiki are two more For All Nails vignettes.  First, David Mix Barrington has posted his #203: "All the World's a Stage", in which CBI agent Clarissa Forster conducts a raid on a criminal mastermind in January 1975.  Next, I've posted my own #216: "My Home Town", an article by the Statist from March 1975 about Guadalajara's reaction to the new notoriety of its most famous native son.

The Statist, btw, was created by Noel Maurer as the Sobel Timeline's version of the Economist, since "statist" (i.e. one who works with statistics) is an old word for "economist".  The name also pokes fun at libertarians, who insist on calling all non-libertarians "statists" (i.e. proponents of "big government").

"All the World's a Stage" was first posted to the soc.history.what-if newsgroup under the title "Mistaken Identity" on 24 January 2003, David having forgotten that I had previously used the title "Mistaken Identity" for vignette #81E.  "My Home Town" was first posted on 12 February 2003.

No comments: